A Happier 2017
An invitation to a one year online course to introduce more happy habits into your life, step by step.
Facilitator: Christoph Huelsmann, Clinical Psychologist
This is your opportunity to start the New Year in a meaningful direction, with some tools to make it last and a group to support you.
This ongoing group will expand on the “Science of Happiness” course some might have done before, but is also a stand alone introduction to ‘happy habits’ for anyone new. While the introductory course has more emphasis on content, this group will focus on helping its members generate lasting positive change in their lives.
Positive change in your life during 2017 will be assisted by:
- Short postings in ten, mostly monthly steps. These will have varying formats such as readings, interesting links, audios and video
- Suggested exercises and practise you can introduce in your own time. Set aside 1 – 2 hours max per month to familiarise yourself with the material, plus as much time as you like in the discussion forum.
- Take as much time as you are willing and able to monitor how you put suggestions into practise. Making things happen does not take much time per se mostly, it’s just a matter of reminding yourself and checking your progress.
- Online forum with access for group members only, where you can discuss your questions, experiences and thoughts. You can do this anonymously if you choose.
- Feedback and discussion contributions by the course facilitator
- By examining your personal experiences and monitoring your progress, you can apply psychologically-based and experiential strategies to your own life and get real results.
Some of the topics covered will include:
- Identifying what is important to you in live
- Addressing the barriers that have come up when you have tried to make this happen
- The neuropsychology of ‘happiness’, and how to make some of this work for you
- Mindfulness and ‘being present’ strategies
- And lots more.
But most of it will be underpinned by ideas for how to create habits and make them stick. And if you run out of ideas the online forum will provide you with input and help keep you on track.
So make your New Year’s Resolutions happen this time J With the right tools and plenty of group support!
Testimonies from the 2015 group:
“Fascinating update on how the brain works plus useful information on how to translate into action.” (Irene)
I did the “Making Change Happen” course in 2015 and found it very helpful for learning how to work through what my life means to me – i.e. what a meaningful happy life is for me (as distinct from just an easy or pleasant one, or just getting through). The course covers practical ways of experimenting with making changes in your life between sessions. The group sessions were really helpful in learning new material and discussing with others how it went and what helped them. The sessions were low key and participatory and I enjoyed the learning and the conversations. (Caroline)
Time: February to December 2017, with a new step and challenges over ten months
This means: every month there will be one new focus and topic presented in varying forms (audio, video, reading), and online discussion among participants and facilitator can happen throughout.
Cost: $ 180 (can be paid in instalments by arrangement)
Register by email to: Christoph.Huelsmann@gmail.com
All enquiries welcome
More information at: www.positivepsychology.co.nz. Email Christoph.Huelsmann@gmail.com